Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kids or no Kids!

Greetings BillionHeirs,

Would you be welcoming to your young adult child without kids dating someone that has kids?  Personally, I would disagree to my adult child dating someone with kids.  One reason is, I feel that my child would be putting limitations on their options.  That is, they would cheat themselves on single life experiences by focusing on such a commitment.  As a result, this acceptance could lead to a cycle of regrets!

After all, I am no stranger to exceptional kids.  The final decision would be for them to decide if they want kids or not.  Who they choose to be with is their perrogative.  Although I'd never introduce my adult child to someone who has a "ready made" family.  I would be honored to know that my child has an open heart to love.

Your thoughts.....

6 comments:

  1. Maybe eliminating all the options of "ready made families" would cause a person to miss out on their soul mate (just for argument sake)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your argument. I just feel they should enjoy that freedom before tying it down. Enjoy life without the responsibilities. I dare them to try freedom first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Lol!!! I do recognize that many people get a positive return despite what we think is right as parents. IThank you for your input BillionHeiress.

      Delete
  4. I think it depends on how old the child is.Like in their twenties I wouldn't encourage dating someone with kids if they can avoid it. But once they hit their thirties finding a person without kids is damn near impossible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you post Erin. Yes, I can agree with that too because age would play a definite part in the case for both. At least by the time they reach 30 they could have possibly enjoyed some single time. So if they do decide to hook up with someone with kids then they will have memories without so much responsibility attached.

      Delete