Monday, February 3, 2014

"Mrs. Gene Pool"


Welcome BillionHeirs,

The beginning transitional phases of step parenting can be very challenging.  I was taught to look for the "red flags" in a relationship yet  I found that  to be contradictory when children are involved.  In my case, I remained open-armed to step children of any.  However, my vision was altered traumatically when a custody battle became an issue for the home placement of my new step daughter.

I've survived a divorce that produced one biological child.  For the most part, we lived a modest lifestyle. For the tenacity of our future, we endured countless years of me being a single mom.  Throughout the thick and thin we are each other better halves.  Although, we had one another still nothing quenched the yearning to add a family of our own.

After spending some time in celibacy I was offered a date.  Well that date progressed into having a spouse and his two children.  As a result, we pooled three seeds of genetic makeup. Together we've inherited the wealth of our children to love.  Thank GOD!  My purpose in life has been fulfilled because of my children. And this is my journey as "Mrs. Gene Pool."





No comments:

Post a Comment